Saturday 3 December 2016

More Writing To Come


So we're at around 65,000 views on this site now...

Over 100,000 views on my share articles on other sites... by other names, I'm known and have been known on the internet in other guises...

There is more to come. 3 years ago I never would have imagined I'd get over 100,000 views on my share articles. That's more people than I've ever met in my life.

When I've been talking to people... before I've told them that some of the best writers in the past were never even known until death. Plato, nobody really knew him. Nietzsche, nobody really knew him.

I'm lucky that I'm living in an age where all across the globe people can read my writing.

At the same time I'm not going to be selfless. A lot of writers have died poor. Some died starving. Orwell died at about 47.

When you look at John Updike... one of the greatest writers ever, he kept doing it year after year, book after book. Bernard Cornwell produces a book every year at least. They're in it for the long game, and they know that the only way to be great is to write practically every day.

Now obviously I am NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD as any of these writers... but I still want to be the best I can be. I still want to produce original content. Maybe people will read my writing after my death, maybe they won't. Either way I love the flow of writing while I'm alive.

I want to achieve a lot in my life... but I will always make time to write more. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment